Thursday, August 9, 2012

Too Much Too Soon


We're back from Riley now.  X-rays showed no obvious fractures to the vertebrae.  Doctor Hill thinks this is a result of over doing it at the Fair on Sunday - I wasn't at all happy about him going to the fair, but in the end I relented because he'd wanted to so badly & missed the last 2 years with back problems.  Did I make the wrong choice?  I'm honestly not sure. The fun that he had with his cousins & grandparents may well have been worth this price to him.  It will be interesting to see what Daniel thinks after this is all over.  Strangely, my apprehension had more to do with him catching some infection while there. Another back injury never crossed my mind.  

I can't remember a single time I ever ended up being glad I didn't go with my intuition. I'm usually pretty good at listening to it, but I gave in this time.  One of these days I'll learn.  :(  (And BTW, for those of you thinking about this, there's a distinct difference between what I hear as my "gut" / "intuition" and hearing God speaking. I'm not completely clear as to the relationship between the two, but would lean more toward there being a connection than not.  But that's a discussion for another time. 

The doctor indicated that the steroids he's been on (just finished the current round) could well have added to the situation.  We also know that one of the other chemo drugs has some strange side-effects that could have contributed as well.  I asked him specifically about the possibility of a new CNS issue (cancer in the spinal column) and he was able to put my fears to rest ... whew!  That's what had me bordering on panic the last 24hrs, so good to know this doesn't look anything like that.

So for now, we've got some better pain meds and orders for rest and heating pads for the next several days.  Thanks to all who prayed for us the past couple days.  Please keep them coming for quick healing and especially for his mental state.  All this has been VERY hard on him psychologically and he goes in and out of some fairly serious depression.  That may be the worse problem he's actually facing right now.  Please pray for wisdom and discernment on our part as we deal with that aspect.

Thanks again for all you all do for us and for standing with us in this fight.

- Tim, Andrea, & Daniel -

Mirrored on our Caring Bridge site at: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/danieljmiller/journal 

No comments:

Post a Comment